Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mind Flayers

To get into the Illithridum, you need to kill the battle devourer (located in the beholder tunnels) and take the Subterraneum key. There is an unmarked cave north of the Underdark Sanctuary that is full of Umber Hulks and Azers. When you kill an Azer, grap their axes- they're worth 7,000gp.
Here is a screen shot from my battles in the Illithridum. The mind flayers can drop a decent psionic attack on you (around 50 hp), but they are easy to knockdown. Sneaking up on them works well, unless they're with a Battle Horror (b/c Battle Whores have true seeing).

2 comments:

Simon Hawk said...

I typically stay away from that area, most of my early builds where fighter types and they got wailed-on by the flayers. In fact I have forgotten about that area, thanks for reminding me, I think my new builds can go down there.

Garble said...

Mind flayers have poor ref saves. SOV works wonders.