Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Bertha Butt

I was talking with Psyammy about stuff and one of my characters came up, Big Bertha Butt.

The name comes from an old comedy act (so I thought) that I had heard once many years ago. Bertha Butt and the Butt Sisters. I couldn't remember much except that it had been on a Vinyl Record and I had been quite stoned. So I did some Internet digging and found some real information.

I found two songs (might be more) by The Jimmy Castor Bunch. Troglodyte and Bertha Butt Boogie. Then I found the original music video to Troglodyte (about 30 years before MTV) and a hilarious home-made video with the original sound of Bertha Butt Boogie.

Troglodyte (U-Tube)
Bertha Butt Boogie (U-Tube)

Although not a comedy act, that is where my toon, Big Bertha Butt got her name from.

4 comments:

Jim Brannick said...

Q.

I really have no idea how to respond to your post. But I'll try...

First, thanks for introducing me to the Jimmy Castor Bunch circa 1972. Obviously, quite a bit "before my time". So thank you for making me feel really young! Normally, a trip down memory lane for me involves re-runs of G.I.Joe and my annual viewing of Transformers The Movie.

Second, shame on you for that second youtube video link! I made it exactly 24 seconds in before I blew bagel chunks and dunkin donuts coffee all over my keyboard. That is just wrong on so many levels.
We, here at Badlands RPG, welcome all colors and creeds, but if you're a chubby-chaser, please keep that to yourself!

Simon Hawk said...

roflmao!!!

I've heard those songs before, but have never seen the video. That homemade one was just priceless.
lolololol.

PS, anyone have any ideas where the banner went?

Qwildurn said...

ROF-LMAO
Jim Brannick said... "bagel chunks and dunkin donuts coffee all over my keyboard".

Oh my sides ache now.

Simon Hawk said... PS, anyone have any ideas where the banner went?

If you mean the Blog Banner with the 4 pictures at the top of the home-page, It's there. The Blog has been laggy lately and it does not alway show.

Troll Snott said...

Sounds like my kind of lady :) Bump-a-dump