Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bitch Blade Jade


Okay, so I was really interested in trying Q's new invisible helm system and some other crafting things available on BadLands RPG. The above screen capture is my test character "Bitch Blade Jade" sporting the new invisible helmet and a custom head model that you can download and install from Q's website (see sidebar). All in all it seems to be working great and makes character customization fun.


Another thing you can do to customize your toon is talk to the Tattoo Girl in the Tattoo parlor, she allows you to change different heads and also the colors of your hair, skin, tattoos ect. Pretty cool stuff. One problem I noticed is lack of selection for choosing a new character portrait, or an option to "Keep original" (assuming thats even possible). I ended up getting stuck with some weird lizard thing as my portrait. LOL. Anyways, everything else is fun as hell and you should give it a try! (Minus the portrait changer)

8 comments:

Simon Hawk said...

Just a side note regarding changing your head model. It looks like not all heads are available through this menu, so if you change from something you liked, you might not be able to go back to it. Unless I just totally missed something in the menu.

Qwildurn said...

The tattoo shop is not finished. The thing about the heads is this: Bioware uses numbers for their heads and I can do the +1 thing real easy to change to the next head. The custom heads all use wierd names, whatever the artist felt like using. I would need to program in every head name one-by-one. Over 1000.

I should at least let you be able to go back to the one you started with. That would be easy enough.

Qwildurn said...

I got to thinking about the heads and how they work. I went and looked at them again to find I had been thinking about the portraits.

After a few hours of work, I did get the Male Half-Orc to work. Heads 001 to 049. One of the things I did was re-number some heads so that the numbers are consecutive. Part of this is editing the head files themselves, but I figuared out a system so it's not as bad as it sounds. But, I will have to do this for ten (10) sets of heads. Both male and female, six of the seven Base Player Race (Human and Half-Elf share the same heads).

This means that I will have to publish a new head over-ride to download and you all will need to over-write some stuff.

Time is all it takes.

Simon Hawk said...

If you want some help re-numbering, let me know.

Qwildurn said...

I've been doing the re-number most of the day today. About half way through it now. It's not so bad, I worked out a system.

When I'm done, if you want, you can weed out the dups and look for more heads in the vault. I don't have right kind of memory to look at all these pictures and remember what and where I saw a duplicate.

Some are almost the same, except the eyebrows are thin or thick. Like somebody will notice while fighting Bruce. Others are exact dups I'm sure.

Unknown said...

the server is down and i heard a rumor that Q had a severe heart attack and seizure last night is it true?

Qwildurn said...

Lies! All lies!

It seems the server is down.

These are the worst kinds of rumors to spread. I did not have a severe heart attack and seizure last night. Inventing stories or mindlessly repeating unverified crap, of this nature, is the worst thing to do.

Unknown said...

Sorry sorry sorry the apologies of a thousand nations i had no idea i was spreading lies I WAS LIED TO im sorry