Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Problem Solved?

Two weeks ago (July 14), I posted this article Server Crashing / Not Auto-Restarting about the server and the troubles I was having finding the cause of the problem.

The last hing I changed in my blind test, was the removal of the user-made NWNX plug-in that blanks out the Player List Window at log-on. That was about a week ago and the server seems be stable now and able to recover from a crash again.

I have had a few mishaps that are non-related but could seem as if they are the same thing to the players. That is to say that I have had ISP problems causing the server to go offline for hours at a time. In the cases of ISP issues, I and the tech from Verizon were here working on it the whole time. We seem to have resolved those issues as well.

Other than the ISP thing, the server seems to be stable and able to recover from a crash on it's own again. Hopefully, I can end this story with, "And they all lived happily ever after. The End."

6 comments:

extomorf said...

Is the server down again? because i can't see it on the list.

Qwildurn said...

It was. The server crashed and couldn't restart again. This time I noticed what might be a cause. Another program had a pop-up asking to get an upgrade. It seems to me that this same pop-up has been displayed a few times that the server was stuck. Since I don't use the program, I un-installed it.

Again I say, "Time will tell."

Qwildurn said...

It seems to be fixed. It's been forever since it crashed and got stuck.

extomorf said...

Helloooooo anyoneeee thereeeee

Qwildurn said...

It seems not.

extomorf said...

How are the updates coming along, haven't heard anything about them in a while, are they still going to happen?