Saturday, July 19, 2008

When Horses Attack!!

For all of you who thought it was only Elephants that never forget, I submit to you that HORSES are the ones with the great memories, and WOW can they hold a grudge!

Let me explain. Yesterday I logged on with my 'Shade' wizard Belpheron and promptly bought a horse. I didnt know that toons with a 'non-typical' body type cannot ride horses, and when I found out I had Belpheron react in an appropriate manner; he killed it. Well, that made everyone in Dozo angry and they started chasing poor Belph, who ported out and stayed away for the rest of the night.

Then today, I forgot and came back to Dozo with Belph on my way to the Mines and for some reason, there was a HERD of horses around the stable, just kinda hangin out and looking shifty. When they spotted Belpheron...well...see for yourself!












Can anyone say "Stampede"? :P

3 comments:

erik!!!! said...

Lmao, I see you met PK's army :D

Deurack said...

PK?

Qwildurn said...

LMAO-ROF
It never gets old watching noobs attack the first NPC they see and then complain when they die or that the entire city hates them.

To bad your not a noob and they couldn't kill you.

However, it is nice to know that the server is stable enough to not reset in that long of a time period. They will remember to hate you until a server reset (or crash).

The mechanical aspect of riding on a horse is actually sitting on your own tail. Only standard player bodies support tails. I cannot change this.

The bioware scripting does not allow non-standard bodies to have a horse companion. The horse, when not being ridden signs on as a henchmen. This I can change.

Bioware does support horses with packs to have an inventory the owner can use. BadLands is not setup with all the new and neat horse functions yet. I have disabled the horse packs for now because it is to easy to lose your items in that pack.

For now, I have more important things to fix like the monk gloves that can't be upgraded and the missing scrolls merchants in Newport. The new +6 shop in the mad clerics tower is not ready either. My new arrow settings need some minor adjustments still too.

Player death and horse death needs some work. A lot of work. My band-aid is a very crude fix, but it works for now.
Q