Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Continuing Saga of The New ISP

So I called the Billing Department at Verizon and told them to remove my service. This was Wednesday morning. The lady want's to know, "Why? You've only had it two days".
"It does not work for me! Make it work or remove it!", I said with all the due politness I've learned at BadLands RPG.
"Wait! Let me get you some real help". I think my Dwarven accent scared her. It's not a Smellaphone so it wasn't my bad breath.
The tech I spoke with said in a hush-hush manner that the Verizon equipment is junk and that's the problem. He has FiOS at home and need ports open to play a game and went through all this. He said he will send out a tech to change something then I can open the ports to the server and get my 15/15 and host BadLands. Don't hold your breath because I sure as Troll Snott won't be holding mine. Hopefully this will work but....... I am willing to try.
Oh, by the way, he did not say when the tech would be out.
Ya know, I told the installer what I wanted and I showed him my server, why didn't he make that oh-so-simple-adjustment then?

Q

No comments: